Wednesday 5 December 2012

New Releases, December 2012

 



FIVE DECEMBER RELEASES I'M LOOKING FOWARD TO

-By Kazza K

1)

L A Witt's lastest release, From Out in the Cold, scheduled for December 4th release. L A Witt is a big favourite of mine. This time she is covering PTSD, in not one but two of the MC's. So I'm right on it of course. I am currently more than half way though this book. Review to follow later today.

This book is now read and a review has been posted on the blogspot.

Official Blurb

Neil Dalton’s foundation is already cracking. Grief, guilt, and PTSD have ruled his life since a terrible crime tore his world apart last year, and he’s dreading a holiday visit with the family he simultaneously needs and resents. Then someone from his past shows up and rattles that shaky foundation right out from under him.

First a war nearly destroyed Jeremy Kelley. Then his family threw him out when he needed them the most, and now he’s barely holding on emotionally. He spends his last dollar to get to Chicago and prays his former best friend doesn’t leave him out in the cold.

Together, Neil and Jeremy spend the holidays with Neil’s family in their hometown of Omaha. They struggle to deal with families, flashbacks… and feelings that haven’t even begun to fade since their last failed attempt at more than friends. As they try to repair their fractured psyches and rebuild damaged bridges, they rely on each other more than ever, but they can’t deny the mutual attraction that’s existed since before they were both emotionally battered and scarred. If they couldn’t make it work back then, how in the world can they pull it off now?(


From Out in the Cold

Read and reviewed

2)

Oh! Yes! Sloan Parker has an ebook coming out on December 23rd - Something to Believe In. For a die-hard Sloan Parker fan like myself this is excellent news. It also gets me in the mood for her January Release How to Save A Life, which features Walter from MORE. As soon as Something to Believe In is out I will rate and review. It seems like forever since the very talented Sloan Parker has had a book out, more is the pity as Ms Parker is one heck of a good author. Nothing under a 4 star rating on her books from me. I know lots of others out there enjoy Sloan Parker as well. Once this book is out it will be read and reviewed here.

Official Blurb

After running away from the hatred and abuse of their teen years, Sean and Gavin have been hustling to survive for too long now. When some extra cash lands them alone in a hotel room until Christmas, they can no longer deny their feelings for each other. Now neither one can imagine watching the other walk off with one more trick. Even with no money and no job prospects, Sean is determined to not just show Gavin what a real home and holiday is like, but to keep them off the streets for good and build a life together

Just look at the cover, he gives me plenty to believe in :)

Something to Believe In


3)

I know that Out of Time was slated for an October release, but I believe it will be out later in December. The official blurb souds good and I am a huge fan of Mercy Celeste's writing. A nice  shifter themed book to rev up the engines I'm sure.

Official Blurb

Meet Fane and Morgan. One is a shifter the other a witch. True loves first kiss plays a role in their story. As does a Siamese familiar and a clan of were wolves. There are tail issues and chocolate cake and milk. But dessert comes after.

Out of Time


4)

Love Beyond The Curve has just been released. I actually pre-ordered this book on the stength of Ms Patrick's first two books, which I read and thoroughly enjoyed. Both of those books - One Sizzling Summer and Memphis Heat are reviewed on this blog if you're interested in what I thought. Kate Patrick does a more traditional, yet nice and sexy M/F romance. The editing and grammar in her first two books have been without flaw as well. Both previous books had good characters - females that knew their mind, sexy men,  and a good sex to story ratio. I will be reading and reviewing Love Beyond The Curve sometime over the next week.

Offical Blurb

Charlotte Hamilton has just moved to Memphis to begin a new job at St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. She is attracted to her gorgeous landlord, Reed Jackson, but thinks her plus-size body puts her out of the running as anything more than a friend. Her bubbly personality and fun-loving spirit appeal to Reed, who is used to high-maintenance women. The two quickly become good friends, and Charlotte is happy being "one of the guys."
When Reed is injured on the job, Charlotte stays by his side during the initial days of recovery. As the two spend hours together during his convalescence, a spark ignites an underlying passion they are helpless to ignore. Reed wants to pursue a relationship with the vivacious beauty, but she shies away because of past hurts related to her less-than-perfect figure. Can Reed find a way to convince her that he sees Love Beyond the Curve?

Love Beyond the Curve (MF)

Read and reviewed

5)

Aisyx, by Poppet is book #3 in the Neuri Series. It is due for release on December 31st, and I cannot wait for it. The only tragedy for me here is it's the last in a series that originally started with the Pravus Series. I'm sure of one thing, knowing just how good this author is, it will finish with a bang. If you like paranormal, interesting characters, a real trip, in terms of the writing, then you should start at the beginning with Seithe to Venix, Zauran, Sveta, Ryan and finish with Aisyx. It's a hard series to describe but it is one of the very best paranormal series you will ever read - lyrical, sexy, darker, sad, angering, hopeful, intense, with some amazing characters and writing. Messages abound as well, if you're looking. All of the Pravus and Neuri Series are reviewed, perhaps analyzed would be more like it, on here. Poppet is an incredibly intense and intelligent writer and I am sad this series is finishing, I love the Neuri, I'll declare it, I love that bastard Jowendrhan, he isn't a Neuri but he's been in the books since Seithe. I'll miss these characters, but I still say bring Aisyx on!!


Picture

11 comments:

  1. They all look really good but I'm so doing my happy dance here over a new Sloan Parker short. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sloan Parker's books. It's been too long between books. I really love the other writers too, though. Two of them will be on my list of favourites of 2012...guess who? lol. I'll be reading all of these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lie! Three of them will be.

      Delete
    2. That favorites list keeps growing... lol

      Delete
    3. Have you seen MY list? I'm with you on this.

      Delete
    4. We read too much. Argh! Did I just say that?...Hush my mouth!! :)

      Delete
    5. Yes you did say that. Shame on you! :) After Afflicted II I can't read anymore released this year (yeah right). My list keeps growing. I'll never be able to get it down to a small number.

      Delete
    6. I know. It's really hard isn't it. I just read a blog where someone said there hasn't been too many good releases this year. I beg to differ on that one. I've read some crackers.

      Delete
    7. That person just read the wrong 2012 releases. I totally disagree with that. I've read some pretty amazing books that were released this year. Too many of those amazing books. Making a list of favorites is hard.

      Delete
    8. Of course I've read some not-so-great books released this year too. Maybe that person read those. :)

      Delete