Sunday 17 June 2012

About Me



About Kazza K


I've decided, really it was at the unanimous decree of my family, who are sick of my never ending, unsolicited, one sided book discussions with them, to have a blog about things I'm passionate about - reading, life's observations and therapy. My family are wonderful and put up with my OCD moments when nothing happens because I'm deeply engrossed in a book.

First of all, I'm a therapist with over 20 years experience in private practice. Without being specific, I have degrees that allow me to work in what is more than just a job for me, it's something I love. I work with all things human nature, with special interest in - family and relationships, sex therapy, parenting, abuse, grief, PTSD, depression, anxiety, LGBT issues and advocacy. Apart from being a therapist, I have been involved in research - social, medical, communication, and human resouce management. I also consult to companies on Industrial Relations - in regards to legislation, profiling/ hiring staff and performance reviews.

Unfortunately, for health reasons, I work in a semi-retired capacity now, but I'll work until I get carried out in a pine box. From a silver lining perspective, this has given me time to reconnect with books, apart from those that are purely work related. Over the years I have read the classics and what many consider to be literary masterpieces, however, after discovering the sexier type of romance now available, and then the even spicier erotica, they have become my great loves. I specifically enjoy erotica/romantica with an emphasis on  LGBT, menage, BDSM, the psychological, thrillers, and some paranormal. Anything within the framework of sexy, erotic writing and I'm in. I step outside, occasionally, if the writing looks interesting or I like the author, but rarely these days.

I wanted to state the above about myself because it explains why, when I review books, they may be drier reviews and more concentrated on the psychological than other people's. If the book has angst, the character's have issues and there's meat, I'll latch on and analyze the crap out of it. I'm here to tell you there is very little written in fiction that I haven't seen, either in my personal life (I've lived a very colourful life) or in my practice. I've experienced and seen much, I'm sure this will continue to be the case.

This blog will contain my book reviews and probably some thoughts about life in general - the good, the crappy and the random. There will also be some therapy moments as well, but it's not a therapy spot, and I'm not here in the capacity of a therapist, just so I'm clear. I'm just meshing a couple of my loves together. Nothing I say in relation to these issues is to be taken as advice in any way shape or form.

I have been a beta reader (that one alone deserves a blog, what an...'interesting' experience), but I am not a writer, have never aspired to be, and I have no affiliations with any publishers or writers. I just review things as honestly as I can, as I see them - I pay for my own books. I find it cathartic writing reviews after a book, especially ones I relate to and love, or if it's burrowed under my skin; it's like supervision for therapists, only in this case it's venting after reading a book.

Anyhow, I have never blogged before, I'm not overly tech savvy, and I am fumbling my way through this right now, so let's see what happens shall we. It doesn't really matter as this blog is primarily for me, to stretch my grey matter, and release my inner ramblings. If you like, come on in and have a look-see as I, hopefully, develop this blog. Please join in if you are open minded, free thinking and have something to say that's informed, or you feel particularly passionate about something. If you wish to comment on my reviews or ramblings go for it.
KazzaK

No comments:

Post a Comment