Wednesday 15 August 2012

Broken, Sage Whistler


First book by Sage Whistler and I liked it. But it is what it is, twincest. If that theme bugs you then it's probably best to avoid.

- Review by Kazza K



I don't really go out of my way to read twincest. However, 1) I'm pretty broad minded in what I read and 2) I see it as what it is - fiction - so I can read it with no issues.

I enjoyed the book overall. It was a nice, easy read for me whilst feeling unwell. I know this is twincest, but, to be perfectly honest, it reads just like any other M/M to me.

Tristan is back after 7 years away from Gabriel, to live with his brother and get on his feet. The brothers never stopped talking, even though Gabriel was tossed out of home by his father when he came out at 17/18. Tristan loved his brother but didn't do anything about it. Basically the book is about the bond the twins have, even while apart, in this case with a little more than standard brotherly love. Gabriel is in a band, Tristan is out of a job, wife and money, so Gabriel helps out finanically. Tristan helps out emotionally, as Gabriel isn't approved of/supported by their other family members.

Broken is a really easy book to get through, the characters were nice, the sex was good. The primary focus was on the 2 MC's Tristan and Gabriel, with some other brief appearances by secondary characters. The mother was a pain, but hey, you get that in real life, and the other female character, Marilyn, had her shit together, so that all balanced out.

If you're after a M/M, with a bit of a twincest kink, something that's easy to read, not too long, not too short, and is pretty sexy, with a rock band theme, then I would recommend Broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment